Pre-employment screening is a process that allows employers to verify applicant information.
During the screening process the following is verified:
- Employment history
Verifications will reveal important information about an applicant’s behaviour, which can help an employer assess potential risk posed by the applicant.
Prior behaviours include:
- Driving and Professional Licenses
- Criminal convictions
- Public Domain – Adverse/Default Listings
The verification of qualifications such as:
- Tertiary Diplomas or Degrees obtained in South Africa, Sub-Sahara or Globally are conducted through MIE or LexisNexis.
Artisan verification and Trade Test Certification obtained from SAQA, QCTO, CETA, merSETA and NQF are also conducted through MIE or LexisNexis.
In addition to Pre-employment Screening, Uphando also offers a Lie Detection service to ensure that the integrity of the applicant on the day of the screening is beyond suspicion.
Pre-employment may also include but is not limited to:
- Character Reference Check
- Identity and Address Verification
- Whether an applicant holds a Directorship
- Credit History